The cryptocurrency market has been struggling with bearish momentum as the new year begins. During the past twenty-four hours, the global crypto market has lost 2.72% of its capitalization. However, a bearish market does not mean you should shy away from the market. In fact, the bears offer good investment opportunities of their own.
In this newsletter, we will take you around the cryptocurrency market to identify such opportunities.
Highlights of the week
Here are the top developments that happened around the market:
- BTC has been struggling with the bears. Currently, the token stands at a price level of $41,972. Ethereum is following the king of the market closely and is trading hands at $3,176
- NFTs are going strong despite the bearish crypto market and Ethereum NFT marketplace OpenSea has hit a high of $3.5 billion in monthly volume
- Crypto regulators throughout the world have renewed a crackdown on crypto advertising. Singapore’s regulator has taken a strict stance against crypto ads while Spain is clamping down on influencers for crypto advertising
- Rio De Janeiro Mayor has announced that the city will be investing 1% of its treasury into cryptocurrencies with possible discounts for taxes paid in BTC
- The Office of the Comptroller of Currency chief believes that bank regulation of stablecoins will enable true stability and safety of the financial system
- Cryptocurrency exchange FTX has launched a $2 billion Web 3.0 Venture Fund
- The credit rating agency Moody’s shows a degrading credit outlook for El Salvador – exacerbated by the country’s Bitcoin policy
Top Weekly Gainers
The beauty of the crypto market is that a bearish market does not mean there are not going to be any gainers in the market. In fact, the market is filled with outliers. Here are some of them:
PolySwarm is a threat detection software based on blockchain technology. The mainnet went live in December 2021 and the project has achieved phenomenal success ever since. During the past week, the cryptocurrency was listed on Coinbase, Huobi, and Gate.io which has been fueling the bullish momentum. During the past week, PolySwarm surged upwards by 293%.
Propy is another top gainer of the week with an increase of 286%. Cryptocurrency is revolutionizing the real estate space through blockchain technology. It has automated real estate transactions and has also created the world’s first real estate NFT. The cryptocurrency recently got listed on Coinbase. At the time of writing, Propy stands at a price level of $4.18.
Cardano is the fifth-largest cryptocurrency in the market and has accumulated good gains during the week because of recent developments. The cryptocurrency surged by 35% as Cardano Foundation announced the launch of a new project to develop a new dApp stack tool in partnership with Emurgo.
Liquity has surged upwards by 32% during the past week while the daily performance shows an increase of 9%. It is a decentralized borrowing platform built for Ethereum and powered by its own stablecoin. There have been a lot of major developments going on in the network which have fueled the bullish momentum – including listings, Chainlink integration, and more.
Fantom is the final gainer of the week with an increase of 31% during the timeframe. However, the bullish momentum has halted for the token as the daily performance shows a decline of 11%. Fantom is a directed acyclic graph-based smart contract platform that provides DeFi solutions.
Top Weekly Losers
On the other hand, the market is also filled with bearish tokens as the bears dominate the momentum. Here are some of the top losers of the week:
Goldfinch Protocol tops the list of our weekly losers with a staggering decline of 76%. The cryptocurrency fell from its double-digit price level to a single digit in December as the bears took hold of the market. Currently, the token stands at a price level of $7.81 with the price has declined by 6% during the day.
Alchemy Pay is the second loser with a weekly decline of 32% amidst bearish pressures. The cryptocurrency has been on a steady downtrend during the past week. The bearish momentum is also going strong during the daily timeframe – indicating the momentum to sustain the token.
Loopring has been declining steadily with the weekly timeframe showing an accumulated loss of 20%. The cryptocurrency has been on a sharp decline since December and the bears do not appear to be slowing down; however, the community is hopeful for long-term momentum. Currently, the cryptocurrency stands at a price level of $1.16.
Chainlink has also fallen prey to the bears of the market and has declined by 17% during the past seven days. Chainlink is the twentieth-largest cryptocurrency in the market. Currently, the token stands at a price level of $23.17. The daily timeframe also shows the continuation of the bearish momentum with a decline of more than 7%.
Internet Computer Protocol is the final loser of the week with a loss of 13%. The cryptocurrency currently stands at a price level of $29.74. The daily performance shows the bears are losing momentum and ICP may soon see bullish momentum again.
Hottest ICOs to Watch Out
If you are looking to maximize your returns from the cryptocurrency market then investing in ICOs may be the ideal option for you. Here are some of the active ICOs currently going on that you should watch out for:
Parastate comes with the motto “Ethereum on Steroids”. The platform is essentially a multichain smart contract platform that serves as a bridge between applications and developers’ ecosystems. Parastate is designed for Polkadot, Substrate, and Ethereum with the scope to be expanded soon. The token sale will end tomorrow while the project has raised $10 million up till now.
MetaGear is a pixel game that is based on NFT and metaverse technology. With the surge of the metaverse realm, every day new games are entering the metaverse – each with its unique offering. MetaGear offers quality while enhancing the user experience. The token sale will end today with a fundraising goal of $430,000.
The blockchain market has been under a lot of scrutiny because of its energy consumption. When climate change has become a reality for the masses, the industry is also playing an active part in decreasing its energy consumption which is making such platforms even more attractive. Savage is the first carbon-neutral NFT platform which is aimed at photographers and filmmakers. The token sale will end tomorrow with a fundraising goal of $140,000.
Starly.io is aiming to build a platform for artists and collectors that enables them to create economies around gamified NFT collectible cards. The ICO has a high hype rate with the Twitter community having crossed $30k followers. Starly.io’s token sale will end in three days and the project has set up its fundraising goal at $6,130,000.
Our final active ICO of the week is League of Kingdom. It is a smart move to diversify your portfolio and with the rising popularity of blockchain-based games, League of Kingdoms may be an ideal bet. The game is the first 4x Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) strategy game. It is also one of the fastest-growing MMO games in the blockchain realm. The token sale will end in two days.
While ICOs are an interesting proposition, they come with a lot of risks; hence, you should do your due diligence before investing in a particular project. Here are some of the upcoming projects to consider:
With the rise in web 3.0 technology, more projects are jumping in to offer their functionalities for the novel technology. It is expected that as web 3.0 technology increases in adoption, the projects working for it will also surge. Perion is one such project that is working to unleash the full potential of the technology which is why it should be on your watch list. The token sale will begin on the 21st of January.
Another interesting project that is working towards the development of the metaverse – a technology that has taken up the cryptocurrency market by storm – is Play It Forward DAO. It is a decentralized autonomous organization dedicated to the growth of the metaverse. The token sale will begin tomorrow.
Gari Network is a blockchain-based social network built for Chingari which is India’s fastest-growing short-form video application. Chingari has more than 85 million downloads and 32 million active users. Gari Network will enable a crypto-powered creator economy on Chingari. The token sale will begin today with the fundraising goal set at $39,900,000.
PsyOptions is a protocol made for Solana – one of the biggest networks in the crypto market. It benefits from the unique and powerful ecosystem of Solana which already places it at an advantage. PsyOptions will enable American-style options on Solana’s blockchain. The token sale will begin in the daily timeframe with the fundraising goal set at $1,200,000.
GT-Protocol is essentially a wealth management platform aimed at decentralized exchanges. It is a multichain protocol that will enable users DeFi investment management along with copy trading. All of the procedures will be carried out in a decentralized and transparent manner. The ICO will begin today with a fundraising goal of $5,400,000.
Here is a list of some of the ended projects that have ended:
- Ghost Market – a cross-chain NFT marketplace – managed to raise $2,000,000 through its ICO that ended on 18th January 2022
- Fantom Maker is the first launchpad built on Fantom Opera blockchain. The platform raised $2,070,000 through its ICO
- Space Misfits is a multiplayer blockchain-based game built on Enjin. The token sale ended on 17th January and raised $400,000
- Arenum is an all-in-one protocol for the gaming and NFT segment of the blockchain market. The project raised $400,000 through its ICO
- Unique Network is aimed at composable NFTs. The token sale ended on 13th January and raised $10,000,000
Get your hands on some of the hottest airdrops currently going on
- Visit the Swaraj airdrop page
- Submit your details and sign up
- Complete social tasks to earn entries
- Submit your ERC20 wallet details
- 100 lucky participants selected at random will be airdropped $100 worth of SWRJ tokens
- Create an account on Binance
- Complete Enterprise Verification
- Open a Futures Account
- Submit your details here
- Users who complete the above steps will earn a 1,000 USDT Futures cashback vouche
- Visit the Astroport airdrop claim page, if you are eligible, you can claim 27 ASTRO tokens
- Glow also has an airdrop for eligible holders. Check out the details over here!
Basic Attention Token
- Download and install Brave browser
- Join the rewards program
- Engage with ads to earn 70% of the revenue share
- Visit the Artyfact airdrop page
- Singh up by entering your details
- Complete tasks to earn points
- Referrals also earn seven points
- Submit BSC wallet address
- The top five participants will get 4,000 ARTY tokens, the next top 50 will receive 1,000 ARTY each and an additional 100 randomly selected participants will earn 100 ARTY tokens each